Friday, January 2, 2015

3mm Thin Red Line

Did a test batch of 3mm Napoleonic British.  It's hard to see but I was actually able to get white cross belts on these guys.  Left them in two ranks and it really has a nice look.  I'm really jazzed now about doing a 3mm Quatre Bras scenario.  Stay tuned.  Can't wait to do Belgians and Brunswickers.  Once again these are Pico Armor supplied Oddzial Osmy (O8). 


Painted a stand of Russians, shown on the left.  I was also really pleased with them.  In a side by side you can tell them from French at a pretty good distance.  I'm still trying different techniques with the bases and some of the figure details. It's much like the first time I painted 6mm. Let me tell you these guys have cartridge boxes and brims on their shakos.  Trying 3-4 colors turned into 9-10, but the results are worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment