Monday, September 4, 2017

Brew Day

The holiday weekend was a great time to get in a all grain brew in a bag batch of beer.  I'm trying a clone batch of Fuller's ESB.  Also trying a one gallon small batch for the first time.  Everything seemed to go well.  We'll see in a bit if I was successful.  This process was so easy and low maintenance I love it.  I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this batch and planning another.

I'll add more details of the recipe later.

It was a little difficult getting the small quantities of hops measured correctly. I will have to explore some other ideas on this before next time.

The bag was really easy to work with.  None of my fears were realized about it burning on the bottom of the brew kettle or being too hot or difficult to move.  It was really slick to use. 

The boil...
Cooling the old fashioned way.
The final product.






No comments:

Post a Comment